Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-12 12:14:19

impishskald

New to XFCE, Connecting to SMB Share

Hello,

I'm new to XFCE and trying to connect to some SMB Shares. My returns in Google point to using Gigolo and connect to Windows Share this option is not showing by default. The options I have are:

Custom Location
SSH
FTP
WebDAV
WebDAV(Secure)

Is there something I need to change to make that option available? I am running a fresh install of Fedora 23 with LXDE.

If this is no longer a viable option others would be appreciated.

#2 2016-06-12 12:30:13

ToZ
Administrator

Re: New to XFCE, Connecting to SMB Share

Hello and welcome.

Make sure you have the gvfs-smb package installed.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-06-12 12:43:04

impishskald

That was what was missing. Thank you!

FYI - For those of you that are dealing with the forced update to Windows 10 easy way to deal with the account for this is set the domain to the domain of the Windows Live account that you are using for it, and the username would be the rest.

#4 2016-06-26 17:49:19

dtd

If this is a windows 10, you can google. It's a know problem. Somebody posted a registry change but my system did not have the node indicated in the post. If it's not 10, I have the following installed: fusefs-libs-2.9.5; gnome-vfs-2.24.4_4; gvfs-1.26.3_1. AFAIK they all come with the meta xfce port.  Then just type smb://server/share in thunar. Windows 10 in my setup has some funky stuff showing shares amongst the windows systems (pro and home pro) but neither version supports smb connections. Maybe there will be a samba fix down the road.

Board footer