Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-08 12:52:37

haircode

Weird graphics issues in a few applications

Hi,

I'm finding the problem I have slightly difficult to describe (and therefore Google for), hence a plea on this forum for any help.

I am seeing some strange graphical issues in the UI for Dia and LibreOffice. In Dia (http://dia-installer.de/), I'm seeing blank lines streak across one of the menubars. There are also random bits of graphics missing (arrowheads when selecting that type of 'pen' tool).  A screenshot here:

Dia Graphics issue.

Also, in LibreOffice, who menubars are missing, randomly.

I wondered whether this might be a recognisable Xfce theme/Gtk problem that someone might recognise, before I post on any forums or mailing lists for those particular applications? Long time Xfce user but not too savvy when it comes to graphical/UI/Gtk issues I'm afraid. Any help very much appreciated.

Debian sid/Stretch
4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
Linux 4.4.6-rt13-avl2 (x86_64)
Intel Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile Open GL

Thanks.

#2 2016-09-08 18:52:20

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Weird graphics issues in a few applications

This really looks like an issue with your graphics driver. I've had issues with graphic corruption with my Intel card that were resolved by changing the acceleration method from "SNA" back to "UXA". See this thread.

Others have had better performance by removing the intel driver and using the modestting driver instead. More information here and here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-09-09 05:12:07

haircode

Re: Weird graphics issues in a few applications

Thank you ToZ. Making the change to UXA seems to have done the trick. Another trick learned for me. Thanks so much for your help.

Board footer