Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-22 15:52:09

cmcanulty

Cursor Size and Color

This has been bugging me for years and I have tried many fixes and nothing works. I have edited with dconf-editor, galternatives, .Xresources file, and of course the settings manager . I want a 48 point DMZ-Black-Cursor. I do this on many machines at a library. Some keep black large 48, some are large white, some are tiny white or black. It seems like a minor thing but I want consistency across user interfaces and cannot make this work. In fact it was a major reason I switched from unity to xubuntu. Why have a setting in settings manager for cursor size and color if it doesn't work. Please post a fix that will work across all users. Ironically it seems to be more consistent in the admin user though I have the .Xresources file in all users the same with

CURSOR=DMZ-Black-Large

.Xcursor.size:  48

I found some information on this pertaining to unity and ubuntu ntweak maybe someone could tell me how to adapt nthese commands for xfce4
it is on this ubuntu forum thread and has a bunch of information besides what  i copied below

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php … st12735911

Re: Howto recover the big pointer in unity?

I can confirm this is working for me, on Utopic Unicorn...
    Previously to this tweak, I could not resize the pointer consistently across the system, for the life of me, in any previous release versions.

Code:

echo "Xcursor.size:32" > ~/.Xresources && gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Interface cursor-scale-factor 1.35

Last edited by cmcanulty (2016-09-22 17:06:22)

Board footer