Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-06 11:18:18

tomas_manes

[Question] Settings of panel plugins

Hello geeks!

I have a question regarding panel plugins and their settings. For example, when i set my whisker menu, where the settings are stored? I looked to the settings editor and it shows only the panel settings itself, not whisker menu or any other plugin. So maybe it won't show the plugins' data settings despite lies inside or it is stored outside the xfce settings system (and probably each plugin stores it by itself thus differently)? One part of the whisker menu is the search bar which is, i guess, the xfce appfinder. Its settings are normally visible in settings editor.

regards,
Thomas

#2 2016-11-06 16:14:22

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Question] Settings of panel plugins

Hello and welcome.

Some (but not all) panel plugins store their settings in the xfce4-panel channel under the /panels/plugins. Others store their settings in rc files in the ~/.config/xfce4/panel directory.

As for whiskermenu, look at ~/.config/xfce4/panel/whiskermenu-X.rc where X is the pluginID for the menu.

One part of the whisker menu is the search bar which is, i guess, the xfce appfinder.

I don't believe that the whiskermenu uses xfce4-appfinder. I think it has its own search routines. If you are looking for the search action configurations, they can be found in the above rc file.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-11-07 20:13:19

tomas_manes

Re: [Question] Settings of panel plugins

Thank you Toz for your answer, it helped a lot!

And you're right, i checked the whiskermenu once again and its true that it uses its own search bar. I have the same (default) shortcuts for appfinder and for the searchbar from system installation. When i saw in the settings editor appfinder's shortcuts, they were the same that worked also in the searchbar, so i thought they are one application.

Board footer