Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-11 22:27:03

jharms

[SOLVED] Randomly losing a keyboard binding

My xfce desktop is set up with several custom keyboard binding - one of them, and only that one, has a tendency to get lost at random:

<Shift>-<Alt>-Left  ...  move_window_prev_workspace_key

With "at random" I mean something like once every 2 days (using my xfce desktop quite heavily), and with "losing the binding" that hitting the key combination all at sudden stops to trigger the desired action - but Xfce apparently considers the binding still valid:

• Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard    displays     move_window_prev_workspace_key    Shift+Alt+Left

• The output of xfconf-query -c xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts -p "/xfwm4/custom/<Shift><Alt>Left"   is    move_window_prev_workspace_key

I checked logging in and out or re-booting - that does not trigger a loss. After losing the binding, I have no problem to re-create it - either using "Settings" or running xfconf-query. And I have a corresponding binding for Shift+Alt+Right to move windows to the next workspace - which never got lost.

That smells like a bug - but I am quite new to Xfce and might have done something I should not do - what? Is there a known problem which might be the cause?

I am using Mageia 6 cauldron (which practically has now the stability of a production system) with the xfwm4-4.12.3-2.mga6 package

Last edited by jharms (2016-11-25 19:46:17)

#2 2016-11-25 19:43:21

jharms

Re: [SOLVED] Randomly losing a keyboard binding

I have not had the problem again since I made this post. Assuming that the problem has been local/distro-specific - marking it as SOLVED

Board footer