Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-29 20:19:31

MoonKid

swtich the user: doesn't work

I use xfce on Debian GNU/Linux unstable on two machines.

On both of them the button and menu entry for "switch the user" is missing. I am not able to login with xfce to another user without logoff the current one.

#2 2016-12-29 22:05:43

ToZ
Administrator

Re: swtich the user: doesn't work

Xfce doesn't actually come with multi-session capabilities like that. In days past, gdmflexiserver used to provide that functionality (with gdm I believe), but it has since been deprecated. I believe that lightdm has similar functionality via the "dm-tool switch-to-greeter" command. If you are using lightdm and are talking about the whiskermenu plugin, add that command in the properties of the plugin for user switching.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-12-29 22:33:29

MoonKid

So you mean this depends on the used login-manager? Siduction use sddm for that. This could be the reason?

#4 2016-12-29 23:06:36

ToZ
Administrator

MoonKid wrote:

So you mean this depends on the used login-manager?

I believe so as it would be the mechanism to offer up different concurrent sessions.

Siduction use sddm for that. This could be the reason?

Sorry, but I have no experience or knowledge of sddm's capabilities. If it does support it, it should work. This would be over and above Xfce's functionality.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer