Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-08 11:59:46

mojsho

XFCE Panel Plugin API

Hello, Developers.
Does anyone know about XFCE Panel Plugin API? I want to create my own panel plugin and don't know about the API.
Which programming language is needed? Where should the files be located?
I really need to know please help!

#2 2017-01-08 16:00:04

ToZ
Administrator

Re: XFCE Panel Plugin API

Hello and welcome.

There is this wiki page that describes how to create the skeleton for a plugin. You can also look at the sample plugin for a working skeleton plugin.

Most plugins are written in C. If you use the makefile from the sample plugin it will install the plugins in the correct directories. They usually go into $LIBDIR/xfce4/panel/plugins. The associated desktop files go into $PREFIX/share/xfce4/panel/plugins/.

The Xfce developers can be connected more easily via IRC and the xfce4-dev mailing list. See: https://www.xfce.org/community.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-01-08 22:36:01

mojsho

Re: XFCE Panel Plugin API

ToZ wrote:

Hello and welcome.

There is this wiki page that describes how to create the skeleton for a plugin. You can also look at the sample plugin for a working skeleton plugin.

Most plugins are written in C. If you use the makefile from the sample plugin it will install the plugins in the correct directories. They usually go into $LIBDIR/xfce4/panel/plugins. The associated desktop files go into $PREFIX/share/xfce4/panel/plugins/.

The Xfce developers can be connected more easily via IRC and the xfce4-dev mailing list. See: https://www.xfce.org/community.

Thanks a lot, buddy. I will try to do the right things. I wish if panel plugin api was exist in XFCE API.

Board footer