Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-18 09:14:12

unixfce

What package does this theme/style belongs to?

Hello,

I've just installed a fresh raspbian on one of my RPi boards and I found a very nice apearance>style named "expose" (kind of OSX style raindrop motif).

I also found a nice windows theme called "Gorilla" (the one with yellow windows decorations).

Anyway, to get this theme/style I had to install a lot (and I mean A LOT) of GNOME or different other theme packages. Now I really want to make clean, by removing all those unused packages.

Does anyone know what packages does that aforementioned theme/style belongs to? Or where to look inside my system to find out those information?

I ran a search inside my package manager but those keywords didn't show anything useful.

Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited by unixfce (2017-03-18 09:15:18)

#2 2017-03-18 10:52:04

sixsixfive
Website

Re: What package does this theme/style belongs to?

just ask dpkg eg:

dpkg -S /usr/share/themes/$insert_name_of_theme|cut -d: -f1

#3 2017-03-18 13:18:11

unixfce

Thank you very much for you quick and very helpful answer!.. I've got those packages in no time!

I still have one question though: how come I have installed.. two "themes" at once? Actually, one have been choosed from "window manager" settings and the other one from "apearance/style".. what's this "style" all about?

#4 2017-03-19 17:20:14

sixsixfive
Website

style is your GTK theme(in case of XFCE probably version 2.x), it draws the window itself with all its buttons, toolbars, menubars and menus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_(GUI)

around your style(GTK) is your window manager which makes it possible to control the windows eg: move, close, minimize and maximize them - in xfce its called Xfwm and it is also themable: https://wiki.xfce.org/howto/xfwm4_theme

Board footer