Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-29 10:27:12

usr

User hostile behaviour with Thunar's right-click menu

Hello,

I'm unsure if this a Thunar or even Xfce-specific issue but I'd appreciate the help nonetheless: when opening the context menu in Thunar with the right mouse button, very often I accidentally execute the custom action directly below the cursor when the menu pops up.

This is not due to accidental double-clicks nor hardware failure. Upon testing, it's clear that Thunar interprets the letting go of the right mouse button as a second click.

To reproduce, simply right-click a file while keeping the RMB held down until the menu appears then move the cursor over any action then let go of RMB, and the action will be executed with no subsequent left- or even right-click needed.

This is on Debian stable (stretch), Xfce 4.12, Thunar 1.6.11. I don't recall having this issue on jessie, or at least not nearly as frequently as now.

Can someone please tell me how to either:

1. force Thunar to require a left mouse button click to execute anything from the pop up menu
2. configure the delay of the menu's popping up so that I have time to actually let go of the mouse button
3. prevent this from happening by any other means I'm not considering?

Thanks!

#2 2017-07-30 23:23:07

ToZ
Administrator

Re: User hostile behaviour with Thunar's right-click menu

Hello and welcome.

Have a look at this thread. As far as I know, this is how that action always worked and according to that thread, it's a GTK event/action not an Xfce one (since Xfce uses GTK it inherits the functionality).

This Gnome bug report makes for an interesting read:

Matthias Clasen 2015-10-22 15:22:37 UTC

not a bug, but a feature, as far as I'm concerned.

There is also this related long-running bug report.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer