Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-04 16:20:51

Friedrich

No button to minimize window

Hi,

i use Xubuntu 16.04 with Xfce 4.12. I have th eproblem that i can't minimize some windows because there is no button for that in the top right corner. Minimze means the window isn't on the screen but its minimized to the panel. an example is the thunderbird addon "lightning". with this addon i can manage the google calendar. when a event pops up (lets say something that i have to do today) i can't minimize the lightning window and its always in front of the thunderbird window.

this wasn't a problem on windows and with KDE.

how can i fix that?

#2 2017-09-04 18:16:29

MountainDewManiac

Re: No button to minimize window

Can you minimize it via its Window Buttons representation (assuming you use that panel applet)? And can you adjust the "always on top" behavior by right-clicking on that same representation and selecting the appropriate option from the list?

I am not familiar with that plug-in. But - and I'm just guessing here - perhaps, if this thing does NOT show up on your panel via Window Buttons, it is because it is so integrated into its parent application that it isn't considered a separate app but, instead, just part of Thunderbird?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2017-09-04 18:42:18

Friedrich

i can activate "always on top" via the panel, but not minimize, its not active.

i found some threads in the thunderbird support forum for that problem and one of the developers said thats not a problem with thunderbird. it works with kde and on windows. thunderbird and lightning was just an example. the problem also exists with some other programs that worked with kde - but i've forgotter the names.

#4 2017-09-04 22:35:27

ozjd
Website

Did you try changing the window manager theme or look at the settings for the theme you are using in Settings - Window Manager and the Style tab?

#5 2017-09-11 19:21:30

Friedrich

its the same with all themes. there are no settings to change that. here is a screenshot how it looks. as you can see the minimize button is activated ("button layout").

bildschirmfoto2017-09-1121-18-11.png

Board footer