Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-13 20:12:02

filipbekic01

Hello from Serbia

Hello there,

I've been using XFCE for a year or so and i love how simple and lightweight it is. I'm willing to join community and try to contribue to source code, i would love to get more information about development - how it works, how many people are there involved?

I have a lot of experience in programming, currently i work as medior C# developer (yeah, .NET platform but i see it's coming really nice with new "Core" version, with native support for Linux systems and a lot of performance improvements, i actually fall in love with it). As far as i can tell, i am kind of beginner in "Linux world". I do know some tricks here and there, i do server administration sometime (Apache/Nginx, PHP and MySQL setup and maintenance). However, i'd like to get more deep and see if i can make XFCE better, make contribution.

All best form Serbia,
Filip

#2 2017-10-13 22:08:19

ozjd
Website

Re: Hello from Serbia

Few devs visit here so are unlikely to see your post. The current project is porting Xfce to GTK3. Probably best to ask on the dev mailing list, https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce4-dev or on the irc channel #xfce-dev

#3 2017-10-16 08:22:09

filipbekic01

Re: Hello from Serbia

Thanks ozjd, i'll check it out.

Board footer