Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-07 01:02:20

ddwmusic

Task Manager process list not pinned to the top

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this (i.e., if it's already logged as a bug).

I was just running "make" on some software. So I had lots of CPU-intensive gcc processes coming and going. For fun, I opened Task Manager, sorted by CPU% descending, and I didn't see the compiler processes -- but I did if I scrolled up to the top.

So I left it alone for a while and found that Task Manager kept scrolling further down the list. Hm.

That is -- reasonably expected behavior: If the scrollbar is at the top, and a new process comes in and takes the top spot, the scrollbar should stay at the top, and whatever process had been top should move down a space.

Before:
TaskManager ....

After:
cc1plus ...
TaskManager ...

Actual behavior: When a new process takes the top spot, Task Manager does not scroll up to show it. Whatever had been at the top, stays at the top of the display, moving the scrollbar down. This seems to be cumulative.

Before:
TaskManager ....

After:
(cc1plus ... not visible)
TaskManager ...   <<-- top of the window

It's a small detail, but it does make Task Manager basically useless for keeping an eye on CPU-intensive processes.

hjh

#2 2017-11-07 06:21:30

ozjd
Website

Re: Task Manager process list not pinned to the top

You can look at https://bugzilla.xfce.org/ for open bugs. I had a quick look and couldn't see anything like you describe so you might want to open a new bug there.

Board footer