Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-26 13:02:36

Ketchup

unknown errors in the .xsession-errors file

Hi, I'm rocking a minimal install of XFCE on Debian, I was looking around and noticed these errors in the .xsession-errors file and I was wondering what (if any) packages I might be missing which are causing these errors, any advice on how to fix them would be most appreciated, thank you very much in advance!

/usr/bin/x-session-manager: X server already running on display :0
xfce4-session-Message: SSH authentication agent is already running
gpg-agent[497]: WARNING: "--write-env-file" is an obsolete option - it has no effect
gpg-agent: a gpg-agent is already running - not starting a new one

(xfce4-session:486): xfce4-session-WARNING **: gpg-agent returned no PID in the variables

(xfce4-session:486): xfce4-session-WARNING **: xfsm_manager_load_session: Something wrong with /home/debian/.cache/sessions/xfce4-session-debian:0, Does it exist? Permissions issue?

** (xfdesktop:509): WARNING **: Thumbnailer failed calling GetFlavors

(xfsettingsd:511): xfsettingsd-WARNING **: Failed to get the _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS property.

** (xfce4-terminal:573): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(xfce4-terminal:573): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkScrollbar 0x55db0d9e6440 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

Last edited by Ketchup (2018-01-26 13:15:34)

#2 2018-01-27 01:57:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: unknown errors in the .xsession-errors file

Hello and welcome.

They are all warning messages that you can safely ignore them.

For example:

(xfce4-session:486): xfce4-session-WARNING **: xfsm_manager_load_session: Something wrong with /home/debian/.cache/sessions/xfce4-session-debian:0, Does it exist? Permissions issue?

You're probably not using saved sessions.

** (xfdesktop:509): WARNING **: Thumbnailer failed calling GetFlavors

There is something on your desktop that tumbler can't generate a thumbnail for.

(xfsettingsd:511): xfsettingsd-WARNING **: Failed to get the _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS property.

At the time xfsettingsd is starting and checking for desktops (workspaces) xfwm4 has not yet set them up.

** (xfce4-terminal:573): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

a11y (accessibility) is either not installed or not set up properly so it is not being used.

(xfce4-terminal:573): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkScrollbar 0x55db0d9e6440 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

Is a GTK warning with respect to the scrollbar in xfce4-terminal

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer