Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-12 17:09:22

aidan

xfce-session-logout takes two tries to respond

For one of my systems I've noticed that xfce-session-logout requires two tries before responding; for example if I want to logout, reboot, or shutdown the system, clicking on one of the actions in the session-logout interface doesn't work the first time. I reopen the interface and try a second time and then it works.
The same is also true for the command line method, requiring the command to be run twice before responding. There's no error output.

This doesn't happen on the other user accounts so it's specific to my user. For the meantime I'm using a shutdown key macro. Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 2018-02-12 21:05:55

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce-session-logout takes two tries to respond

Does clearing your session cache help? Delete the contents of the ~/.cache/sessions folder while not logged in.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-02-13 16:24:00

aidan

Ok i gave that a try but it didn't make any difference.

#4 2018-02-13 17:26:30

aidan

Solved it!
Spent some time during lunch to figure it out. After narrowing it down from .local, .cache, and .config I found it was coming from .config/autostart/KeePassxc.desktop.

I checked out the KeePass settings to see what was preventing the logout. Towards the bottom of the application is an option "Hide window to system tray instead of app exit." Disabling that option fixed the issue. I have keepass on my other systems too (all running XFCE) but apparently had never enabled that option except for this system.

The xfce-session-logout no longer takes two tries before logging our, reboot, or shutting down.

Last edited by aidan (2018-02-13 17:30:51)

Board footer