Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-23 14:41:30

OlliFri

Hello XFCE User

Hello, I'm new here in the forum and would like to show my XFCE desktop.
My English is not that good. That means reading is half way, but formulating sentences is difficult - difficult.
That's why I'll send everything through an online translator. But maybe you can still learn something despite advanced age.
I switched to Linux 4 years ago. Only used for 6 weeks Linux Mint Cinnamon and the rest of the time KDE. (Various Distris)
I found KDE to be the most flexible, and it was best to configure it to your own wishes. Unfortunately, KDE 5 is no longer recommended. What works today does not necessarily have to work after the next update.
In addition, I and my family almost exclusively use Gtk based software.
So I went in search of another desktop. Our computers here at home are already getting old. (10 years old) So I needed a desktop that is flexible but at the same time does not kill my hardware. And I came across XFCE4 two months ago. I had already tried XFCE 2 or 3 times but I did not really like the design. Or rather, I have not found a favor with gtk2 and gtk3.
And now I thought, it can not fail that.
So you just have to make your own gtk. simple, but it was not that easy. Especially Gtk 3 is such a case in itself. But I think I did quite well. And because it pleases me and my family very well, I also uploaded my tinkering at opendesktop.org. And hope that many other users like it.

OpenDesktop.org:
https://www.opendesktop.org/search?proj … xt=ollifri

Greeting Oll

Last edited by OlliFri (2018-02-23 15:56:33)

Olli
What you do not really know, you have to explain yourself.
MX Linux 19 - CPU Intel Core i5 9500F 6 Core - 16 GB RAM
PC2666 - Graphic NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Driver Nvidia 390.xx - SSD with XFS Filesystem on GPT - UEFI Bios

#2 2018-02-23 18:11:59

lazlo

Re: Hello XFCE User

Hello Olli and welcome!
Thank you for sharing your story and your theme.

If you want, you can also share a screenshot of your desktop in this thread here Screenshots - 2018

#3 2018-02-23 18:22:07

OlliFri

Re: Hello XFCE User

Hello lazlo,
Yes, I will do as soon as I know how this works.
Know from other forums just add the simple picture - then it automatically goes into my home folder. Where I just have to select the picture.

Olli
What you do not really know, you have to explain yourself.
MX Linux 19 - CPU Intel Core i5 9500F 6 Core - 16 GB RAM
PC2666 - Graphic NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Driver Nvidia 390.xx - SSD with XFS Filesystem on GPT - UEFI Bios

Board footer