Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-05 10:25:23

tsimpkin

Possible adjustment.

I couldn't find a setting to adjust the sensitivity for clicking on the edge of a window to resize it. Compared to the Gnome desktop it way more difficult for a ham handed person like me. Thanks in advance I most probably missed seeing the setting.

#2 2018-06-05 13:14:20

Spass

Re: Possible adjustment.

I don't think that there is such setting in Xfce, but you may be interested in this short article: https://xubuntu.org/news/window-resizin … -and-xfce/

Basically you can 1) use a Xfwm theme with thicker borders 2) use Alt+RMB+drag (you can change Alt to a different key in the settings) 3) resize windows on top edges, and more.

#3 2018-06-05 17:24:59

tsimpkin

I love the XFCE desktop and installed Stretch-xfce on a new high performance laptop for a person but ended up very embarrassed when while everything worked super fast with the great graphics hardware on it, you couldn't move resize anything because of the very high resolution screen. Ended up putting Ubuntu 1804 with the Gnome desktop which works fine but they and I dislike the colouring and the app clutter that comes with it. It just seems a pity that there isn't some adjustment for this because the problem will only get worse with the higher pixel screens. That laptop absolutely rocked!!

#4 2018-06-05 18:23:24

Spass

I think that you gave up a little bit too early. True, maybe Xfce isn't the best DE for high resolution screens (scaling can be an issue sometimes), but if resizing was the only/main issue, check the screen below:

resize.png

As you can see the window borders can be HUGE. It all depends on the theme you choose (Xfwm one, not GTK).

#5 2018-06-11 12:07:21

tsimpkin

Thanks for pointing that theme out, I must have missed it in my digging around. I had tried different themes but hadn't noticed the changed grab. It is a bit of a pity that the default is set so fine, perhaps they need to change which is the default as it needs to be the easiest to use.  : |

#6 2018-06-11 22:11:48

ozjd
Website

Look at https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=12242, they have created a theme particularly for this.

Board footer