Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-15 00:16:35

Skaperen

error messages, how to find details

i have sometimes been getting many error message reports popping up when i boot up and login the many users i use (automatically via my system of setup scripts).  i got a bunch today.  you can see some of them here.  i didn't receive any acknowledgements for reporting the errors, but i don't know that i should.  i have gotten these before (before doing any Xfce installation) right after doing a regular Ubuntu upgrade, then they quit the next time i upgrade.  i usually power down very late each night and back up the next afternoon.  i usually upgrade on Thursday or Friday although i have paused the upgrades while setting up Xfce.  i have not upgraded recently.

i have no reason to believe any of Xfce is causing this, although it could be affected by other errors.  i am wondering if anything i did is the cause this time.  does anyone know how to get the details on these errors and see what is failing?

#2 2019-01-15 00:20:59

alcornoqui

Re: error messages, how to find details

Sounds like Apport

#3 2019-01-15 04:14:35

Skaperen

Re: error messages, how to find details

alcornoqui wrote:

Sounds like Apport

sure looks like it.

it says that Apport is disabled by default.  apparently not.

it tells how to enable and disable apport in the section "How to enable apport".  but the file already has it disabled.

it says it keeps stuff in /var/crash.  there's not much there and the latest is 2 days ago.

Board footer