Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-27 23:04:48

mb121

Capturing notifications?

I am getting tired of my eyes being pasted all over my computer screen, so I've been building programs to tell me through espeak when certain things happen that I care about. I want to hook this up to my desktop notification system, where notifications are read, passed through a filter so that everyone in the house doesn't catch a whiff of my business, and have it read out to me. Such things as "You have 22 updates available"...

The problem is that after a few searches, nobody on the planet earth seems to have had this thought, of simply capturing the text of a system/user notification. Since I'm using XFCE, I thought I'd post it here.

Is there any way I can capture notifications? Perhaps as an object of some sort, like
{
    title: Pacman
    icon: /usr/share/whatever
    urgency: nah
}

inb4 no lol

#2 2019-03-27 23:23:52

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Capturing notifications?

As of, I believe, version 0.3.5, xfce4-notifyd supports logging. The log can be viewed in the app, via the panel plugin (as of version 0.4.0) , or via a log file saved in ~/.cache/xfce4/notifyd.

What version are you using?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer