Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-05 15:38:42

ApisMellifera

Thunar: Behaviour on "Save as" etc.

I'm nearly running mad cause my loved Thunar isn't behaving in the way i like it. When e.g. a "save as" dialog pops the filename in the address line is highlighted. Now if you want to change the filename you have to jump in the address line and klick and delete and overwrite it.
Usually everything highlighted is to be edited. But in this case Thunar opens a small input box for searching! The focus isn't on the filename anymore!
How can i change this behaviour? Hope anyone understands what i mean. I appreciate any advice very much!

BR
Reiner

#2 2019-04-05 16:35:48

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar: Behaviour on "Save as" etc.

Hello and welcome.

ApisMellifera wrote:

I'm nearly running mad cause my loved Thunar isn't behaving in the way i like it. When e.g. a "save as" dialog pops the filename in the address line is highlighted. Now if you want to change the filename you have to jump in the address line and klick and delete and overwrite it.
Usually everything highlighted is to be edited. But in this case Thunar opens a small input box for searching! The focus isn't on the filename anymore!
How can i change this behaviour? Hope anyone understands what i mean. I appreciate any advice very much!

This doesn't sound like Thunar. Thunar doesn't have a "Save As" dialog. Perhaps you are referring to the GTK Save As dialog? Which application (and version) are you saving from?

Also, which distro and which version of Xfce are you running? Might help figure out which version of the GTKFileChooser dialog you are using.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-04-07 15:18:56

ApisMellifera

Oh, excuse for not providing details! I'm running Mageia 6, with Xfce 4.12.1, kernel 4.14.101.

There are two versions of gtkfilechooser.h on my system
gtk2: 13213 Jun 21  2017 gtkfilechooser.h
gtk3: 13213 Jun 21  2017 gtkfilechooser.h

There's only one gtkfilechooser.ini on the system in my /home/user/.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini:

[Filechooser Settings]
LocationMode=path-bar
ShowHidden=false
ShowSizeColumn=true
GeometryX=540
GeometryY=196
GeometryWidth=840
GeometryHeight=714
SortColumn=name
SortOrder=ascending
StartupMode=recent
ExpandFolders=false

Is this the key to the solution of my problem?

br
Reiner

#4 2019-04-07 16:13:09

ToZ
Administrator

Maybe. What application are you using that generates the "Save As" dialog? (from which application are you saving from)?

Check the dependencies of that program to see if it is dependent on gtk2 or gtk3.

Either way, this will be a concern to address with GTK developers.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer