Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-06 11:13:29

amanouss1

language change,more languages than the installed

I have intstalled two languages, greek and  English-US  and  the following problem appears when  I'm trying to change language, either with the keyboard shortcut  or    from the panel

from  greek  language changes to english-us but  then from english-us changes to a variant of either greek or us,  for example    pressing z,x,c,v,b,    I get    ͽ→Ψϖϐʹ  instead the normals ζ,χ,ψ,ω,β=greek letters ) and then  when I' m changing language
again  changes  to a variant of either greek or us,
for example    pressing  e,r,t  Ι get  €,ϱ,t ,
and  finally  changes to greek.

So  the following changes  happens
greek -> us ->   variant of either greek or us - >   variant of either greek or us- >  gr.

I have flag indicator for the languages in the  panel,  in the greek and US appears the usual flag while in the variants appears an empty flag.

Using the   the  xbk-switch  command in the terminal, in the first variant, returns   

xkb-switch: vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 2) >= this->size() (which is 2)
xkb-switch: layouts: [gr us]

and in the second    shows,

xkb-switch: vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 3) >= this->size() (which is 2)
xkb-switch: layouts: [gr us]

I checked locale  and only  the languages el_GR.UTF-8 and  en_US.UTF-8 are checked. Also  the command localectl
gives

System Locale: LANG=el_GR.UTF-8
       VC Keymap: us
      X11 Layout: us,gr
     X11 Variant: ,

I'm using archlunux.

I would appreciate any help  to  fix the problem in order to  have normal language-change.

A couple of days ago  I moved from gnome to xfce4 and in gnome  the language change was ok, gr-us-gr.

Last edited by amanouss1 (2019-04-06 14:49:25)

#2 2019-04-07 11:00:46

alcornoqui

Re: language change,more languages than the installed

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I can't answer your question, but there's a lot of users here who frequently switch languages, so chances are help is on the way.

On the other hand, although you noticed the issue on changing to Xfce, it doesn't seem to me to be an Xfce problem, have you checked the Arch Wiki page on locale settings? Seems like a great resource to troubleshoot this, good luck!

#3 2019-04-07 11:42:47

amanouss1

Re: language change,more languages than the installed

I have made  exactly  the same changes  in the pc in my office and there it works fine.

Last edited by amanouss1 (2019-04-07 11:44:55)

Board footer