Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-07 15:25:09

kyegupov

Laptop: unplugging a HDMI monitor does not cause the output switch

running xfsettingsd 4.13.4 (Xfce 4.12) - Xubuntu installed as 18.04, upgraded to 19.04

Laptop is HP Elitebook 1050; nvidia-driver-418

When I plug HDMI in, the "Displays" dialog pops up. When I plug it out, nothing happens (if I was only using external monitor, I'm stuck with black laptop screen; if I was using extend, it becomes a huge scrollable desktop on the laptop's monitor).

xrandr is able to tell the difference between the plugged and unplugged state.

So, somewhere, somehow the unplug event is not getting any love. How can I debug this?

#2 2019-05-07 20:28:31

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Laptop: unplugging a HDMI monitor does not cause the output switch

Hello and welcome.

The first step would be to debug xfsettingsd. There may be some useful information that comes out of that. If xfsettingsd is not receiving the unplug event, then you might want to have a look at udev.

If xfsettingsd is found to be the culprit, you should also consider creating bug reports as now is the time to sort this out with the upcoming release of 4.14 scheduled for this summer.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-05-28 10:53:04

kyegupov

Re: Laptop: unplugging a HDMI monitor does not cause the output switch

ToZ wrote:

If xfsettingsd is found to be the culprit, you should also consider creating bug reports as now is the time to sort this out with the upcoming release of 4.14 scheduled for this summer.

Thank you! got around to creating https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15488

Board footer