Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-10 01:46:59

aidan

Borders are missing on 4.14 panelbar

I've noticed that the border property appears to be disabled for the 4.14 panelbar as well as box-shadows.

eIQYGLL.png

I can force it as a configuration override in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css; however it doesn't come through correctly since the plugin widgets will mask the border effect.

Some things to note:

If the panelbar is floating AND the background style in the panel preferences is set to "None (use system style)," then the border effect is there 100%.
GBqe6Q8.png

If the panelbar is attached to the bottom edge of the display AND the background style in the panel preferences is set to None (use system style)," then the top border effect 100% visible while the bottom border is partially masked by the panel plugins. (The reverse of this is when the panelbar is attached to the top of the display.)
Attached to bottom

Reverse:
Attached to top

It is possible to some degree to apply a border effect on each plugin, however this doesn't work well since those widgets don't have a .horizontal and .vertical alignment selector; so if a panelbar was changed to a vertical bar, the widgets wouldn't be able to adapt.

I would like to be able to apply the border effect where appropriate and leave it out depending on where the panelbar is attached, however I don't see this being possible.

If anyone has an idea, then let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by aidan (2019-09-10 02:27:26)

Board footer