Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-10 20:07:00

foobar

Effect of mouse wheel on the panel buttons is **slow**

Hello,

First of all, many thanks for your work in case XFCE developers are reading here!

I use the mouse wheel on Panel buttons quite intensively to browse through the open windows on a given desktop. Unfortunately, since the upgrade from xfce4-panel 4.12.2-1 to 4.14.0-1 on Debian, this technique for switching between windows has become painfully slow (this seems to be due to a fade out graphical effect on the button that is losing focus). I like XFCE because it's usually efficient and straightforward, but in this particular case, some eye candy I don't care about has a negative effect on usability for me. I have looked in the Panel Preferences dialog but didn't find anything relevant. Is there a way to get efficient switching back with the mouse wheel,(*) as it used to be in XFCE 4.12?

Many thanks in advance.

(*) This is crucial for me, due to some disability.

#2 2019-09-10 21:22:39

Spass

Re: Effect of mouse wheel on the panel buttons is **slow**

Hello, does this slowdown occurs on a different GTK theme also? What's your current GTK theme?

#3 2019-09-10 21:58:46

foobar

Re: Effect of mouse wheel on the panel buttons is **slow**

Thanks for your reply! Not quite sure understand the term "GTK Theme" correctly, but I tried changing the “Style” in XFCE Menu → Settings → Appearance, and it does have an effect: Breeze, Breeze-dark and High Contrast offer fast switching; all the others exhibit the problem.

To be clearer, when I say “slow” in the title: it is a fraction of a second (say, 0.3 second). But since I have for instance 12 open Windows in the workspace where I put Firefox, I need to be able to quickly go from the leftmost to the rightmost button of the task switcher in the XFCE panel, and the 0.3 second (or so) delay causes mouse wheel ticks to be lost. So, except with Breeze, Breeze-dark and High Contrast, I have to make a rather intensive use of the mouse wheel to browse through my open Windows—much more than with XFCE 4.12.

Thanks again for your help. :-)

Board footer