#1 2019-09-14 23:46:17

lvlahdi

Warning: Locale not supported by X, falling back to 'C' locale

Hello guys,
I have a big problem here that I'll explain you, there it is:
first :
LoadPreferences: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\.XWinrc not found
LoadPreferences: Loading C:\Program Files\VcXsrv\system.XWinrc
Warning: Locale not supported by X, falling back to 'C' locale.
(EE) AIGLX: No native OpenGL in modes with a root window
(II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
(II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
winClipboardThreadProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
OS maintains clipboard viewer chain: yes

it's necessery to tell, I'd installed XFCE for Ubuntu by Windows 10 SubSystem ability
first, I did enable WSL with:"Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux" command and install Ubuntu via Microsoft Store and after, I did required initialization of distro. then, my account(user&pass) setted up
after that, I used:"sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade" to update & upgrade distro's packages
at the end, I was download VcxSrv and use:"sudo apt install xfce4" & "sudo echo "export DISPLAY=:0.0" >> ~/.bashrc" to bring everything for install and use VcxSrv.
and now, this is my destiny! first time I got those warning, completely uninstalled my windows and set everything again! nothing changed!
when I want to apt-get update or apt-get upgrade face to these:
$ apt-get update
Reading package lists... Done
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
&
$ apt-get upgrade
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?
when I want to use chrome, I don't have internet access neutral while everything work!
and many problems like this!
can anyone help me please sad?

#2 2019-09-15 00:52:43

Aravisian

Re: Warning: Locale not supported by X, falling back to 'C' locale

lvlahdi wrote:

$ apt-get update
Reading package lists... Done
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
&
$ apt-get upgrade
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?
when I want to use chrome, I don't have internet access neutral while everything work!
and many problems like this!
can anyone help me please sad?

When updating APT or installing new software, information must be stored in ROOT. In order to authorize that, you must give the command with the SuperUserDO short: Sudo.
try

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and enter your user password - see if this resolves your issue.

In future, you will know whether the "sudo" command is needed when it is unable to acquire lock and asks if you are root.
Also, you can get that error if you have another package manager like Ubuntu Software Channel or Synaptic open at the time you try to enter the command in a terminal. You must close Synaptic, first.

Board footer