Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-12 03:45:58

scatterbrainz

menu / short cuts / -> error messages

Greetings Everyone,

I'm not sure how to resolve these challenges.

Distro: Centos 7.7.1908(core)
Xfce Version: 4.12.1

The print screen button - yields a pop up -> ERROR -> Failed to launch shortcut "Print" - Failed to execute child process "xfce4-screenshooter" (No such file or directory).

Also when I try to click on a tar.bz / bz2 > to extract it via RIGHT click Extract here / Extract To -> I get an ERROR -> "Failed to extract Files - No suitable archive manager found " (Its a Pop-Up)..

Any ideas? Do I need mate desktop installed for these to work?

I have also gnome / gnome-classic / KDE Plasma / KDE Plasma (failsafe) also installed.

Thanks for advice.

Best ..

-Scatterbrainz

#2 2019-11-12 23:57:27

ToZ
Administrator

Re: menu / short cuts / -> error messages

Hello and welcome.

scatterbrainz wrote:

The print screen button - yields a pop up -> ERROR -> Failed to launch shortcut "Print" - Failed to execute child process "xfce4-screenshooter" (No such file or directory).

You have a keyboard shortcut set to run xfce4-screenshooter, but it is not installed. You can either install xfce4-screenshooter or change the keyboard shortcut to run another screenshooter program (Settings Manager > Keyboard > Application Shortcuts)

Also when I try to click on a tar.bz / bz2 > to extract it via RIGHT click Extract here / Extract To -> I get an ERROR -> "Failed to extract Files - No suitable archive manager found " (Its a Pop-Up)..

Basically same problem. You need to install a compatible archive manager (e.g. engrampa, file roller) or configure one, See: https://goodies.xfce.org/projects/thuna … ive-plugin. Since you have other DEs installed, you may have a suitable one installed, but Xfce needs an *.tap file for the associated program. I'm not sure of Centos, but on my distro, the tap files are located at /usr/lib/xfce4/thunar-archive-plugin/.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer