Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-10 16:57:26

vinox

Which component takes care of the Delete dialogue?

I'm wondering which Xfce component is responsible for the Delete dialogue?

I found some minor glitch and would like to file a bug report.

#2 2020-02-14 08:01:55

vinox

Re: Which component takes care of the Delete dialogue?

More details why I'm asking: when you Shift-Del a file, the "Are you sure..." prompt comes up. When you don't react for 30s, a timeout error is being displayed. Instead of being closed, the "Are you sure..." prompt is invisible afterwards and can only be restored by Alt-Tab.

Not sure if this is intended - IMHO it should be closed or focused. Or the timeout error shouldn't come up at all and the prompt should just stay there.

Also: if you Shift-Del and remain on the Shift key afterwards, you can't confirm the deletion by pressing Enter simultaneously. KDE, Windows and MacOS don't mind if you press Shift and Enter at the same time to confirm the deletion of a file.

Last edited by vinox (2020-02-14 08:21:29)

#3 2020-02-14 08:24:59

Aravisian

vinox wrote:

More details why I'm asking: when you Shift-Del a file, the "Are you sure..." prompt comes up. When you don't react for 30s, a timeout error is being displayed. Instead of being closed, the "Are you sure..." prompt is invisible afterwards and can only be restored by Alt-Tab.

Not sure if this is intended - IMHO it should be closed or focused. Or the timeout error shouldn't come up at all and the prompt should just stay there.

Also: if you Shift-Del and remain on the Shift key afterwards, you can't confirm the deletion by pressing Enter simultaneously. KDE, Windows and MacOS don't mind if you press Shift and Enter at the same time to confirm the deletion of a file.

I never noticed this. Chuckle. When I go to delete something, it happens quickly.:D A behavior I have lamented on occasion, I can tell you.
I would suggest you do file a bug report on that because while you MAY (I wouldn't know how) be able to adjust it on your own machine, the next update may reverse it.

#4 2020-02-14 09:02:24

vinox

I wouldn't have noticed the timeout as well, but I got a phone call after hitting Shift-Del a few days ago.  wink

Personally I find the second problem with Shift-Del and inability to Shift-Enter more annoying. It might be a lazy behaviour, but I'm used from other DEs that I don't need to lift the Shift key before hitting Enter to confirm the deletion.

The big question is: in which category do I file these bug reports?
I think Thunar is not responsible for that prompt. Is it xfwm4 or Libxfce4ui or something else?

#5 2020-02-14 09:56:23

Aravisian

vinox wrote:

I wouldn't have noticed the timeout as well, but I got a phone call after hitting Shift-Del a few days ago.  wink

Personally I find the second problem with Shift-Del and inability to Shift-Enter more annoying. It might be a lazy behaviour, but I'm used from other DEs that I don't need to lift the Shift key before hitting Enter to confirm the deletion.

The big question is: in which category do I file these bug reports?
I think Thunar is not responsible for that prompt. Is it xfwm4 or Libxfce4ui or something else?

Ah, I see the trouble, now. I believe that is handled by Thunar or the File Manager.

Board footer