Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-18 08:13:34

Thorned Rose

Can't log out (just immediately logs back in)

I just installed Arch Linux and xfce4 fresh on a laptop. There is only one user set up and auto login is not enabled. Everything has gone fine except when I switched display managers from XDM to LightDM.

I have correctly changed the service. LightDM appears fine on boot and I can log in as normal. However when I try to log out (via menu) or command (xfce4-session-logout --logout), the screen flashes, goes blue tinged (desktop wallpaper looks like it has a blue filter), flashes black again and then immediately loads the desktop again. This includes reloading apps set to autostart so, for example, I get two Redshifts running.

XDM is no longer installed and I can't find anything in config files that would cause this (at least that I can remember as I have memory impairment hmm )

Help much appreciated!

#2 2020-03-18 11:26:43

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Can't log out (just immediately logs back in)

Hello and welcome.

The first step would be look at logs for messages about a potential crash. Look at ~/.xsession-errors, ~/.xsession-errors.old, or in the journal. Feel free to post back what you find.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer