Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-14 16:46:15

jammer77

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone.

My name is Dmitry. I'm C developer, and i really love XFCE, and really want to help with development.
I've already found git with repos and bug tracker but i need some explanation of workflow, and someone who will gave me my first task.

Thanks!
Dmitry.
email:mr.celestian@gmail.com

#2 2020-04-14 17:49:51

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello Everyone!

Hello and welcome.

It is best to reach out at the xfce4-dev mailing list to introduce yourself and express your interest in participating in the project. The best way to move forward is to find a bug report or enhancement request for a product that interests you, code the fix/enhancement and post it back to the bug report. It will give the developers an opportunity to evaluate your code as well.

Here is a good place to start. Workflow info here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-04-14 19:59:11

jammer77

Re: Hello Everyone!

Thanks a lot. I've subscribed to mail list and logged in to irc chat. So, i will try to make my first fix/feature as soon as posible.

ToZ wrote:

Hello and welcome.

It is best to reach out at the xfce4-dev mailing list to introduce yourself and express your interest in participating in the project. The best way to move forward is to find a bug report or enhancement request for a product that interests you, code the fix/enhancement and post it back to the bug report. It will give the developers an opportunity to evaluate your code as well.

Here is a good place to start. Workflow info here.

Board footer