Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-10 16:27:08

zoloshot

keyboard shortcuts stop working

everything works fine until some point (random) in somedays it doesn't even happend , shortcuts like alt+f4 or alt+tab works fine but super (whisker-menu) , ctrl+t (terminal) and even printscreen (flameshot) doesnt work now and its bad because i get used to use a lot of thesse shortcuts , i tried to find some solution and didnt find anything EXACTLY this issue , if is a repost sorry , pls help

using XFCE 4.14 on 5.4.35-1-MANJARO

the weird thing is , the shortcut to change workspaces (ctrl+alt+arrow keys) works fine

edit : idk if this can be a ultravnc viewer bug or a ssh bug , because i use both

Last edited by zoloshot (2020-05-10 16:30:36)

#2 2020-05-10 16:33:40

ToZ
Administrator

Re: keyboard shortcuts stop working

The ones that you mention that continue to work are window manager shortcuts. The others are managed by the settings manager. Any log file entries in ~/.xsession-errors or the journal?

To debug it further, you can run xfsettingsd in debug mode and see if you can capture an error event when they stop working.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-05-10 17:33:54

zoloshot

Re: keyboard shortcuts stop working

.xsession-errors output https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/krwgxNGN7g/

I DISCOVERED WHAT CAUSES THIS ERROR , i literally pressed "Scroll Lock" on my keyboard and the shortcuts work again , thx <3

Board footer