Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-05 11:29:41

akovia

Custom Actions Extract Archives

HI,
I was curious if there was a way to move the "Extract Here: & "Extract To..." options further up in the menu. I'm not sure how there are integrated but they are not listed with the other custom actions, so I'm unable to manually place them where I want them.

Thanks

Arch Linux

#2 2020-06-05 18:04:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Custom Actions Extract Archives

They are provided by the thunar-archive-plugin and their position is hard-coded. If you'd like to use custom actions as well, you could uninstall the thunar-archive-plugin package and create your own. There is a simple one documented on the Thunar Custom Actions documentation page. However, since you are creating one yourself, you can extend the script any way you want to support as many functions as you need.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-06-05 18:47:04

akovia

Re: Custom Actions Extract Archives

Thanks ToZ,
I kinda figured it was hard coded but wanted to check. I have tons of custom actions and the archive actions (IMO) should be anchored at the top so they are easy to find quickly, instead of dynamically at the bottom. I have to scroll to them sometimes if I R-Click something near the bottom of the page.

Anyway, I found this set of archive actions, and they are working nicely.

Arch Linux

Board footer