Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-31 13:32:38

hanakl

How to setup mouse sensitivity, so it is the same as in Windows 10

My OS: fresh install of Xubuntu 20.4 (xfce 4.14)
My mouse DPI: 400
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Essential
My settings in Windows 10: https://www.top-password.com/blog/wp-co … -speed.png
Mouse acceleration and these things, always disabled.

My mouse sensitivity settings on linux & xinput output: https://i.imgur.com/F5ctj0d.png

I will appreciate your help.

#2 2020-07-31 23:21:58

woistmeinauto

Re: How to setup mouse sensitivity, so it is the same as in Windows 10

Hi, you can never get it the same as windows, i used xubuntu a lot its mouse management sucks.
But ofc you can make it much closer than what it is now.

So this is how i fixed it always:

> xinput

Ignore the ">" , idk formatting of this site
Note the ID of your mouse or the name of mouse pointer

> xinput set-prop ID_HERE "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" XSPEED, 0, 0, 0, YSPEED, 0, 0, 0, 1
OR
> xinput set-prop pointer:'DEVICE_NAME_HERE' "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" XSPEED, 0, 0, 0, YSPEED, 0, 0, 0, 1

Examples:

> xinput set-prop 14 "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0.5, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 0, 0, 0, 1

> xinput set-prop pointer:'Logitech M185/M225'  "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 2, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1

Here i put "pointer:" because my system seemingly added my wireless mouse as also a keyboard. You can also use it like

>xinput set-prop 'Logitech M185/M225'  "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 2, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1

However i say be safe and use pointer.

You have to add this to startup.
First create an executable chmod +x sh script somewhere isolated, i create /home/user/bin folder myself.
Then from session and startup add an entry with sh /path/to/your.sh to application autostart. Or you can make it a service, i don't like messing with services myself it becomes tedious to manage after some point. You probably know these but i wrote it down in case you don't.

There is more though, if you use the ID sometimes it changes, when you remove and replug or when you plug in new devices etc., so you either find a way to lock its ID, which i never tried and idk how. Or you can do it like me, everytime it changes add the new id as a new line to your sh file.
If you use the name sometimes name changes as well but less likely.

This command makes sure there is no acceleration. Back when i was using xubuntu acceleration control was bugged out, idk if it's still the same.

Last edited by woistmeinauto (2020-08-01 10:51:30)

Board footer