Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-04 01:06:27

geetotes

xfce4-display-settings has no profiles available

Hello! I've got dual monitors set up in xfce under Fedora 31. But when I try to save my display profile to save the position of my monitors, all the options are grayed out. Even when I go to add a new profile, it doesn't appear.

Screenshot:
NByvr.png

My  ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml file seems to be saving the displays I create just fine however. What's going on?

#2 2020-08-28 19:59:43

firstairbender

Re: xfce4-display-settings has no profiles available

You have to click the save icon, which will open a dialog allowing you to enter a name for the profile.

The save icon is the only icon under the Profiles section, which is not disabled

#3 2021-07-02 03:27:16

xaeiou

Re: xfce4-display-settings has no profiles available

Sorry for the slight necro, but I think there is something in this report by @geetotes.  I've saved profiles with dual displays where one is a laptop internal display and the other an external monitor and everything works fine.

However today I built a brand new desktop with 2 external monitors, and I am seeing the same problem as geetotes:  a newly added profile  added with the un-grayed icon in the above screenshot  gets added to ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml, but nothing then shows up under "Profiles matching the currently connected displays".  I can keep on adding as many profiles as I like this way, they all get faithfully added to ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml, but nothing shows up in the "Profiles" section of geetotes screenshot.

I upgraded to 4.16, and see the same result.

EDIT: While searching for related issues here on the forum, I found this great thread describing how to set profiles from the command line.  Linking here for reference as it may be useful workaround for the "no profiles listed in the GUI" problem.

https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=13091

Last edited by xaeiou (2021-07-02 03:50:10)

Board footer