Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-10 19:42:19

oui

gnumeric

hi

I did install the weekly CD1 with xfce from
https://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main non-free contrib

gnumeric is not available (both in bullseye and in sid)!

how to add from a precedent release?

#2 2020-08-11 10:14:31

alcornoqui

Re: gnumeric

edit: Found the reason: a bug related to the Python 2 deprecation, a solution is on the way, and expected to be available in about two months.
--
Original answer:
I'm not up to date in Debian versioning, but here's the entry for Gnumeric in the great pkgs.org site. It says it's available in Sid (looks like it is, indeed).

And this link from Debian says: "Error: Package not available in this suite., so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by alcornoqui (2020-08-11 10:21:04)

#3 2020-08-11 12:54:26

oui

Thank your very much for your help.

As I in that time also test Deepin 2.0 Beta, and also use all the time gnumeric in Deepin 1.11 as well as now in Deepin 2.0 Beta, I did do

# apt download gnumeric

and did install it with dpkg in Debian  testing.

It was not enough. dpkg did miss gnumeric-common and pxlib1.

I did get and install then same way.

Probably there is a more easy way to get those 3 packages directly with wget from Deepin depository but I don't know it!

(I suggest, for other having perhaps the same problem but no Deepin preinstalled, it would be good to explain the way within or with a link in this thread ;-) !)

(Why Debian pur now, if I have Deepin already in use? Deepin is now with release 2.0 a direct Debian derivate (but I did not found the dde-api package at the Debian testing depository. My problem with Deepin is the build in input methode as it is a distro produced in Far East! Mit experience is, that complex keyboard layouts, I use daily the one corresponding with the command "setxkbmap us intl" for my mother tongue, French, as well my local tongue, German, for both (and much more) is that keyboard layout ideal!), don't work really friendly with Far East input methods. Both seems to use analogue functions of the system and disturb the other one. So it is not really possible to use at the same time "us intl" and "id tam" at the same time in Deepin. Deepin offers us intl. (my hardware keyboard has that layout) only through setxkbmap!!! I did hope, that Debian "pur" allow me to work better! And I have success. Both keyboard layouts are installed and work now without limitation in Debian testing and I can commute the layout hitting «shift left» & «ctrl left» one time to commute. no problem with xfce in Debian testing! The best way for me would be to add Deepin without the (for me) ugly input method needing only for Far East guys on Debian testing... I would probably be perfect and conform with my habits in Deepin 1.11! But Deepin offers more: preinstalled shop packages for multiarch use, for example to use scratch2 through adobe AIR probably, if you have children at home needing some occupation because Corona etc. as well as a lot of comfort to use real M$-doc's in Linux. So if I would no have that problem with the keyboard layouts, I would find Deepin as the best distro over else if Deepin is absolutely not the same as XFCE (where I don't really use the superb Deepin own app's for media, sound and video)

#4 2020-08-11 13:46:24

eriefisher

There was a recent big shift from Python2 but I just checked and Gnumeric is available and installable in Sid.

apt policy gnumeric
gnumeric:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.12.47-1
  Version table:
     1.12.47-1 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian sid/main amd64 Packages
apt install gnumeric
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  gnumeric-common gnumeric-doc libgoffice-0.10-10 libgoffice-0.10-10-common
  libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common pxlib1
Suggested packages:
  gnumeric-plugins-extra libgsf-1-dev docbook-xsl
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  gnumeric gnumeric-common gnumeric-doc libgoffice-0.10-10
  libgoffice-0.10-10-common libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common pxlib1
0 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 18.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 66.3 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] 

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#5 2020-08-11 16:50:15

oui

thank you very much! I will remove the 3 rapt packages from Deepin and reinstall gnumeric from Debian...

actualisation:

I did remove and try following! read pls yourself the error message:

$ deborphan
$ sudo apt install gnumeric
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package gnumeric is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'gnumeric' has no installation candidate

so, as I need it, I reinstall now one time more the 3 packages from Deepin beeing in my /home

note: I see that you are using siduction. is the distro actually downloadable and usable easily?

Last edited by oui (2020-08-11 19:56:51)

Board footer