Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-01 01:01:48

M_Mynaardt

Problem with "Wi-Fi Authentication Required"

I have been looking at installing LInux Mint 20 Xfce or Xubuntu 20.04 on a laptop, but when I test the USB installer, they both had the same problem.  When I tried connecting to my Wi-Fi connection, there would be a pause after entering the password and I would get a "Wi-Fi Authentication Required" window.

No matter what I typed in, that window kept coming back and I couldn't connect to my Wi-Fi.  I know the password is correct and all that.

Since both LInux Mint Xfce and Xubuntu use the Xfce desktop, does anyone know if this problem may be a problem with Xfce?

And if so, would there be a quick fix for it?

Thanks in advance!

~*~  M_Mynaardt  ~*~

Xfce is a computer's friend
Always trust an OS using Xfce

#2 2020-09-01 01:16:05

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Problem with "Wi-Fi Authentication Required"

Unfortunately, Xfce doesn't manage network devices. There are other components/packages that do that. Here is a link to the Xubuntu Internet/Networking doc page. There is a section dedicated to troubleshooting. You may wish to walk through that guide to see if you can locate the source of the problem.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-09-01 03:36:17

M_Mynaardt

Okay, ToZ.

Thanks for that, will check it out...

ToZ wrote:

Unfortunately, Xfce doesn't manage network devices. There are other components/packages that do that. Here is a link to the Xubuntu Internet/Networking doc page. There is a section dedicated to troubleshooting. You may wish to walk through that guide to see if you can locate the source of the problem.

~*~  M_Mynaardt  ~*~

Xfce is a computer's friend
Always trust an OS using Xfce

#4 2020-09-01 14:52:08

mint4all

Greetings!

FYI ... Linux Mint  has an active "Networking" forum, @ https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=52
... I have done some wifi-troubleshooting on the laptops I've been supporting, and would be glad to answer your questions / assist with your problem using Mint's forum. That's because, as ToZ mentioned, XFCE doesn't actively manage the underlying network functions which typically are part-and-parcel of a particular Linux-distro.

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

Board footer