Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-11 21:31:38

mint4all

Button title option on launchers

Greetings!

I have to pleasure (or pains) to setup xfce 4.14 on a new HP laptop with touchscreen. Instead of the typical top/bottom panel laypanel layouts, I am experimenting with an ubuntu-like, vertical main panel (left screen edge), such as this screenshot shows...
Deskbar-10-10-20.png
As i began to populate the panel, I noticed that xfce's native menu button provides for a "Button Title" option, and so does the whisker-menu applet under its "Panel Button" preference. After looking at the underlying config file, xfce4-panel.xml, i found that plugin-9, the native menu, provides the following property:

property name="button-title" type="string" value="All Apps"/>

When compared to the whisker-menu plugin, however, that plugin does not list any such property.

So my question is: can the foregoing "button-title" property be added to other launchers/plugins, or is this preference not gfenerally supported? It would be great to have this preference available for the sake of user friendliness and a more-consistent panel design.

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#2 2020-10-12 12:13:37

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Button title option on launchers

It's not generally supported, unless the plugin directly supports it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer