Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-18 22:06:15

callmejoe

Saved Sessions not working as expected

I set up my desktop layout like i want it.  then save the current session.  it saves it under default.

shouldn't i then be able to close or re-arrange my desktop, logout, login again and see my saved default desktop layout?

never works like that.  i get a garbled mess of windows.

also, i can never save more than one session.  should i be able to save multiple sessions under different names?

on version 4.14.2

EsnObDF.png

lEPUZQ8.png

#2 2020-11-23 18:33:19

h.wurst

Re: Saved Sessions not working as expected

When you click save session under current session, all open windows (programs) will be saved and opened at the next login.
Just make all your settings, after that close all windows and then save the current session.
This is how it works on my system.

#3 2020-12-10 14:00:01

Signy

I have similar problem with sessions (Xubuntu 20.04):

• Fiferox is autostarted, but its windows have different sizes, positions and are not restored on the workspace where they were during logout.

• When I look into "Current Session", I can not see Thunar there (although it is running right now) and the Thunar is not even autostarted.

Thunar autostarting (and restoring) used to work (Thunar windows positions and workspaces were restored properly), but couple days ago Thunar crashed, I opened it again and it is not restored since then.

BTW I noticed that trere is a file ~/.cache/sessions/xfwm4-*.state where are saved all Firefox windows and their geometry and workspace (as a DESK value). But it does not affect when Firefox is autostarted on my system.

#4 2020-12-11 04:01:21

callmejoe

Signy wrote:

I have similar problem with sessions (Xubuntu 20.04):

• Fiferox is autostarted, but its windows have different sizes, positions and are not restored on the workspace where they were during logout.

• When I look into "Current Session", I can not see Thunar there (although it is running right now) and the Thunar is not even autostarted.

Thunar autostarting (and restoring) used to work (Thunar windows positions and workspaces were restored properly), but couple days ago Thunar crashed, I opened it again and it is not restored since then.

BTW I noticed that trere is a file ~/.cache/sessions/xfwm4-*.state where are saved all Firefox windows and their geometry and workspace (as a DESK value). But it does not affect when Firefox is autostarted on my system.

i just never got saved sessions to work they way i want it to.

Board footer