Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-22 07:49:32

Friedrich

Trash is crashed and can't open thunar

Hi,

sometimes for unknown reasons trash is crashing. I have a red symbol in the panel where normally the trash icon is. I can't open thunar or other applications from the desktop. Nemo as my second file manager works when i start it from the whisker menu. Starting thunar from the whisker menu don't work. Sometimes this happens when i copy a lot of files and the red symbol disappears when the process is completed. But now nothing was copied. I logged in to my companies network and did some work and after closing the citrix software i've seen the symbol.

Whats wrong here? When i move the mouse over the symbol for a short moment there is a notification - something with "timeout".

Is this a known bug? I think so because i have this problems since i use xfce.

friedrich

#2 2020-12-22 12:42:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Trash is crashed and can't open thunar

What version of thunar?

Are there any thunar or gvfs error messages in ~/.xsession-errors or in your journal when this happens? Also, does:

coredumpctl list --no-pager

...show thunar in the list? If so, what does the following return:

coredumpctl info thunar

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-12-22 13:07:09

Friedrich

Re: Trash is crashed and can't open thunar

When the problem occurs again i'll post that information. Its thunar 4.15.2 thats was installed via a ppa because xubuntu 20.04 normally used an older version. I had the problem also with the old version.

Board footer