Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-25 10:47:15

qx4vv9a

[SOLVED] xfce4-power-manager-plugin - icon

hi, i'm not very amused by this xmas gift update. i'm using xfce4-panel 4.16.0, xfce4-power-manager 4.16.0,
Adwaita theme, gnome icons and now my xfce4-power-manager-plugin - icon changed from gnome to Adwaita symbolic.

was: /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/status/battery-full-charged.png
is   : /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/24x24/status/battery-level-100-charged-symbolic.symbolic.png

exchanging the black symbolic icon doesn't help because the new white one is displayed in green:

for better understanding:

was    : gnome
update: xfce4-power-manager-plugin-orig.png exchanged with a white one https://i.ibb.co/NjX5WXf/xfce4-power-ma … -white.png
now    : xfce4-power-manager-plugin.pngOR any other icon xfce4-power-manager-plugin-caution.png(battery-caution should be red)

how to change the xfce4-power-manager-plugin - icon back to gnome OR how to display it in proper color?

thanks,
Tim

Last edited by qx4vv9a (2020-12-25 18:46:57)

#2 2020-12-25 13:39:09

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] xfce4-power-manager-plugin - icon

Here is the commit that changed the functionality.

Strange that the icon colour is green. Do you have anything in your gtk.css to recolour the icon?

To revert back to the old-style gnome icons, create the folder ~/.local/share/icons/gnome/24x24/status, and copy over and rename the old icons so they follow the "battery-level-xxx-yyy-symbolic.symbolic.png" (xxx = the level, yyy = battery state) pattern. Note that you may need to use the same icon for multiple levels. One complete, run as root "gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/gnome".

Edit: here is a script to automate the process for the gnome icon theme:

#!/bin/bash

mkdir -p ~/.local/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status
cd ~/.local/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-full.png battery-level-100-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-full.png battery-level-90-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-good.png battery-level-80-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-good.png battery-level-70-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-good.png battery-level-60-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-low.png battery-level-50-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-low.png battery-level-40-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-low.png battery-level-30-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-caution.png battery-level-20-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-caution.png battery-level-10-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-empty.png battery-level-0-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-full-charged.png battery-level-100-charged-symbolic.png 
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-full-charging.png battery-level-100-charging-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-full-charging.png battery-level-90-charging-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-good-charging.png battery-level-80-charging-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-good-charging.png battery-level-70-charging-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-good-charging.png battery-level-60-charging-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-low-charging.png battery-level-50-charging-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-low-charging.png battery-level-40-charging-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-low-charging.png battery-level-30-charging-symbolic.png

ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-caution-charging.png battery-level-20-charging-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-caution-charging.png battery-level-10-charging-symbolic.png
ln -s /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/battery-caution-charging.png battery-level-0-charging-symbolic.png

sudo gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/gnome

Last edited by ToZ (2020-12-25 15:22:04)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-12-25 16:31:34

qx4vv9a

Re: [SOLVED] xfce4-power-manager-plugin - icon

thank you very much for your reply.

no, there was nothing in gtk.css related to xfce4-power-manager-plugin.
if i added

#xfce4-power-manager-plugin* { color: #ffffff; }

the context menu was white but the icon remained black.
this was the first i tried. later i tried to exchange or symlink it but all substitute icons were green.
meanwhile the battery was charging and the relating icon wasn't displayed properly too. the inner part was green not black.

i reverted all my changes and followed your instructions and the different icons were in use 1.png 2.png
                                                        but should have been grey (AC on) and red (AC off)  Battery-level-100-charged-symbolic-symbolic.png Battery-level-100-symbolic-symbolic.png
it was the same like exchanging the original Adwaita icons.

after trying to do it manually i gave your script a try and it WORKS!!!
now i have to think about this symlinking script and will try to establish some of my own ones in 24x24.

Thank you very much again!
Tim

Last edited by qx4vv9a (2020-12-25 16:35:34)

Board footer