Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-27 15:57:49

rogn...

Customize systray ?

Hello all,
After lot of tries and researches in the web, i can't customize appeareance of notification area (systray). In order to be clear against notification button plugin, I'm talking about the area where I see bluetooth , wireless, redshift and clipper icons.
The aim of my question is to find what classes or Ids that be called in gtk.css ?

In the code below,
- #pulseaudio-button menu,
- .xfce4-panel menu
are customized as I want

whereas #systray-6 menu seems not working. Menus for systray are still customized with default theme.
I tried to replace #systray-6 with #sn-button but still the same effects as previous.

#systray-6 menu,
#pulseaudio-button menu,
.xfce4-panel menu
{
	box-shadow:none;
	background-image:none;
	color:#E9F4FF;
	background-color:black;
	border-color: transparent;
	border:none;
	-gtk-icon-theme:"Vimix-dark"; 
}

Can someone help me please ?
Thanks

PS : My english is not so rich...

Manjaro XFCE

#2 2020-12-27 21:18:45

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Customize systray ?

Are you referring to the systray menu, or the menu of the icon embedded in the systray? The code you have will work for the systray plugin but not for the embedded icon. It appears that the embedded icon's menu will inherit the menu stylings of the theme.

If you are trying to change the menu styling for the whole theme, just change it for the "menu" element and it will be inherited.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-12-28 05:58:56

rogn...

I'm referring about systray menus, menu from icons.
Hope a screenshot make my issue cristal clear.
1609135517.png

I want for each icons make this menu black, with colored   "E9F4FF labels and checkboxes (or use Vimix-dark theme).

If I use only "menu" element, all menus will be black although it's not my aim. Just the menus for xfce4 panel.

Last edited by rogn... (2020-12-28 06:09:57)

Manjaro XFCE

#4 2020-12-28 11:43:49

ToZ
Administrator

Been looking at this for a while and unfortunately, I don't see a way to do this through Xfce. It doesn't look like Xfce has control of or access to these menus via CSS.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2021-02-02 06:42:02

rogn...

Hello ToZ, thank you for your response.
After upgrading to Xfce 4.16, I can customize part of menus and icons with this code

.xfce4-panel menu,
#sn-button, #sn-button menu
{
	background-color:#D8D5D2;	
	border-color:transparent;
	color:black;
}

It is applied to "Indicateurs d'état" and not applied on "Systray icons".

Manjaro XFCE

#6 2022-09-23 05:15:33

skyspa

I would like to bump this an see if anyone else has found a way to do this. I have customized my app tray icons (such as discord, OBS, etc.) without issue but trying to apply the same to system tray icons such as network and bluetooth. The default theming has different effects on different icons, for instance, the hover effect has a long bar beneath bluetooth that sticks out past its box and an even longer one on the network one.

Board footer