Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-30 01:10:46

spk

[Solved] Separate commands for whiskermenu on multiple panels

Apologies for the (possibly) confusing topic title - I'll try my best to be as clear as possible below.

Lately I've been running a dual montor setup and, naturally, I have one panel on each monitor. Both of those panels' first item is whiskermenu.

What I'm trying to achieve is create separate keyboard shortucts for those two whiskermenus - ie. 'Super L' to launch the whiskermenu on the left monitor's panel and 'Super R' to launch the whiskermenu on the right one.

Now, I believe I should mention that I have been trying to find a way to do it with the xfce4-panel command and the closest I have come is

xfce4-panel --plugin-event=whiskermenu:popup

so I tend to believe that what I need is just to specify the panel number on a command like this.

Another way I've thought of doing this is by using

xfce4-popup-whiskermenu --pointer

in combination with a command that moves the pointer around, but it feels wrong and I'd like to avoid it.

Last edited by spk (2020-12-30 01:53:28)

#2 2020-12-30 01:39:07

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Separate commands for whiskermenu on multiple panels

Hello and welcome.

You can specify the widget identifier as well with the first command. If you hover your mouse over the whiskermenu entry in the Panel Properties > Items tab, you'll get an identifier (something like "whiskermenu-7"). Each menu plugin instance will have its own identifier. You can then (assuming it is 7):

xfce4-panel --plugin-event=whiskermenu-7:popup

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-12-30 01:53:05

spk

Re: [Solved] Separate commands for whiskermenu on multiple panels

Wow, that was quick - and it does work.

Thanks a bunch!

Marking as solved.

Board footer