Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-31 01:23:00

JustHereBecauseOfThisMspd

Mousepad Troubles

it worked perfectly until now:
when doing a ctrl+f search and reaching the end it no longer wraps around to the beginning(and vice-versa), it instead the word highlight disappears but comes back it you go back, and what is more troublesome, when i ctrl+v something inside the search box, it instead pastes it onto the text file(wherever the cursor(or however its called) is) and does not change the text in the search box
its not because if config, have not changed it since i started using it, its not because of a big text file, this also occurs with a five line text file whose lines 1, 3 and 5 are blank and lines 2 and 4 have the word "test" in them
might be related but i do not remember seeing "*number here* occurrences" on the side of the search bar(that in itself is fine, im only saying this in case i somehow pressed a key combination that has altered the type of search(and somehow paste behavior in a way that i would consider outright glitchy/bugful) mousepad performs, in the case that it is(don't think so, but still) how do i go back to how it was before/fix the problem?

#2 2020-12-31 05:26:56

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Mousepad Troubles

Hello and welcome.

Regarding the search wrap, it appears to be a hidden setting. Running the following enables search wrap around:

gsettings set org.xfce.mousepad.state.search wrap-around true

Regarding the Ctrl+V paste ending up in the body of the document, see: https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/mousepad/-/issues/83. It appears that it was fixed about 6 days ago, but to fix it in an existing installation, you can follow the instructions on the first response.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer