Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-05 19:37:44

Durhammer

Can't get panel to have action buttons and whiskers menu side-by-side

I'm running in MX Linux 19.3 with Xfce 14.4.2 and xfce4-panel. I posted this already in the MX forum:

In the panel, whether horizontal or vertical, I'd like to have the Actions Button and the Whiskers Menu button adjacent -- over/under for horizontal panel, left/right for vertical panel, the way it does for launcher buttons and external plugins. I can't seem to find a way to make it happen. And yes, I know the commands are already IN the Whiskers menu, but that makes an additional mouse movement and an additional mouse click, and I'm lazy. :-)

One of the top forum helpers said to just right-mouse click and move it, but that doesn't work for me. HE'S on MX 18.3 and Xfce 4.12 and that works for HIM. I've tried moving the items up/down, clicked the Whiskers button to just use one row (only left-justifies the icon instead of centering), and so far, nothing works.

Thanks for any suggestions! (Or is this a bug?)

#2 2021-01-05 23:42:17

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Can't get panel to have action buttons and whiskers menu side-by-side

Hello and welcome.

If I'm understanding correctly...
It looks like the Actions button plugin doesn't support single row mode (like the whiskermenu does). Because of this, you won't be able to "stack" them as you are trying to do (assuming rows > 1).

Probably best to create an enhancement request.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer