Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-07 10:20:46

jp willm
Member
From: France Alsace
Registered: 2021-01-07
Posts: 11
Website

[SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

Hello,
I am using Artix XFCE OpenRC and since a recent update to XFCE I no longer have the Orage Panel Clock applet sad
This clock is so well made: colored numbers, choice and size of fonts, frame, colored background etc.
I have searched all over the internet, but cannot find it.
Thank you in advance for any information to help me find this gem.
--
Bonjour,
J'utilise Artix XFCE OpenRC et depuis une récente mise à jour de XFCE je n'ai plus l'applet Orage Panel Clock sad
Cette horloge est si bien faite : chiffes en couleur, choix et taille des fontes, cadre, fond en couleur etc.
J'ai cherché partout sur Internet, mais ne le trouve pas.
D'avance merci pour tout renseignement pour m'aider à retrouver ce bijou.

Last edited by jp willm (2021-01-25 08:46:38)

Offline

#2 2021-01-07 11:24:06

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 7,860

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

Hello and welcome.

Orage hasn't had an active maintainer for a number of years now. With Xfce 4.16, and the dropping of GTK2 support for panel plugins, orage no longer works as a panel plugin. The package itself may still be installable from your distro's repositories, or if its still installed on your system, and the app will work, just not the plugin.

There was a brief discussion about this here, with a suggestion offered.

Offline

#3 2021-01-07 14:45:44

jp willm
Member
From: France Alsace
Registered: 2021-01-07
Posts: 11
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

ToZ wrote:

Hello and welcome.

Orage hasn't had an active maintainer for a number of years now. With Xfce 4.16, and the dropping of GTK2 support for panel plugins, orage no longer works as a panel plugin. The package itself may still be installable from your distro's repositories, or if its still installed on your system, and the app will work, just not the plugin.

There was a brief discussion about this here, with a suggestion offered.

Oh what a pity, but I suspected it sad

The new icons are very pretty, I will just sadly miss Orage Panel Clock ...

Thanks for these informations !

Offline

#4 2021-01-08 08:50:13

jp willm
Member
From: France Alsace
Registered: 2021-01-07
Posts: 11
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

ToZ wrote:

Hello and welcome.

Orage hasn't had an active maintainer for a number of years now. With Xfce 4.16, and the dropping of GTK2 support for panel plugins, orage no longer works as a panel plugin.

I installed the DateTime plugin which replaces Orage Clock.
Would it be possible to be able to change the color of the characters?

Last edited by jp willm (2021-01-08 08:53:13)

Offline

#5 2021-01-08 11:27:35

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 7,860

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

Yes it is. Try using something like this in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:

#datetime-6 button label { color: red; }

Replace the "6" with your actual plugin ID that you can get by hovering over the plugin on the Panel Properties > Items tab or by running:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -lv | grep datetime | awk '{print $1}' | awk -F'-' '{print $2}'

And change the "red" to any color you want (you can also use html color codes via RRGGBB values like "#FF0000").

Offline

#6 2021-01-08 15:17:08

jp willm
Member
From: France Alsace
Registered: 2021-01-07
Posts: 11
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

ToZ wrote:

Yes it is. Try using something like this in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:

#datetime-6 button label { color: red; }

Great, it works!

Replace the "6" with your actual plugin ID that you can get by hovering over the plugin on the Panel Properties > Items tab or by running:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -lv | grep datetime | awk '{print $1}' | awk -F'-' '{print $2}'

I wouldn't have found it on my own yikes
I note, so as not to forget ...

And change the "red" to any color you want (you can also use html color codes via RRGGBB values like "#FF0000").

Great. And my "world" is again in color 8-)

Thank you so much !

Last edited by jp willm (2021-01-08 16:25:30)

Offline

#7 2021-01-25 05:09:59

rian
Member
Registered: 2021-01-25
Posts: 1

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

I'm a bit late to this - but - is there any way to set the timezone in DateTime or some similar plugin?

I used to have  six Orage clocks of the places I deal with in my top panel, complete with a tiny city name underneath, and until the upgrade yesterday never realised how many times a day I used them. DateTime seems very, VERY simplistic in comparison...

Offline

#8 2021-01-25 12:12:55

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 7,860

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

Hello and welcome

rian wrote:

I'm a bit late to this - but - is there any way to set the timezone in DateTime or some similar plugin?

I used to have  six Orage clocks of the places I deal with in my top panel, complete with a tiny city name underneath, and until the upgrade yesterday never realised how many times a day I used them. DateTime seems very, VERY simplistic in comparison...

You can replicate most of that functionality with the xfce4-genmon-plugin. First create a script with the following content:

#!/bin/bash

#$1 = Location string
#$2 = Timezone
#$3 = Format
# ex: /path/to/script Toronto "Canada/Eastern" "+%-l:%M:%S"
# ex: /path/to/script London GMT "+%l:%M %P"
# ex: /path/to/script Tokyo Japan "+%-r"

echo "<txt> $(TZ=":$2" date "$3") "
echo "<small>$1</small></txt>"
echo "<tool></tool>"

...and make it executable. The add a genmon plugin to the panel for each time you want. As per the examples in the script, make the command equal to something like

/path/to/script Toronto "Canada/Eastern" "+%-l:%M:%S"

...the first parameter is the city name, the second the timezone and the third the date string format (see man date).

Uncheck the label setting and set the timer to 1 second (if you are displaying seconds) or something slightly higher (5 seconds) if only displaying minutes.
gmtime.png

Offline

#9 2021-04-22 19:01:09

shmu26
Member
Registered: 2021-04-22
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

Is there a way to configure font size (and maybe bold?) in the Xfce 4.16 panel clock? That's all I need to say goodbye to orage clock.

Offline

#10 2021-04-22 21:16:38

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 7,860

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

--snip--

If you are referring to the genmon script aboue, you can use pango markup. Something like:

#!/bin/bash

#$1 = Location string
#$2 = Timezone
#$3 = Format
# ex: /path/to/script Toronto "Canada/Eastern" "+%-l:%M:%S"
# ex: /path/to/script London GMT "+%l:%M %P"
# ex: /path/to/script Tokyo Japan "+%-r"

echo "<txt><big><b> $(TZ=":$2" date "$3") </b></big>"
echo "<small>$1</small></txt>"
echo "<tool></tool>"

Just embed the codes into the string. In the above snippet, I'm using:
- <big></big> = larger font
- <b></b> = bold
- <small></small> = smaller font.

The clock panel plugin also supports the pango format. Use a custom format like:

<span size='xx-large'><b>%l:%M %P</b></span>

Last edited by ToZ (2021-04-22 21:21:13)

Offline

#11 2021-04-23 04:13:16

shmu26
Member
Registered: 2021-04-22
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

Pango markup was what I needed. It wouldn't hurt to add the pango markup info into the help link in the clock properties.

Offline

#12 2021-04-23 10:57:18

ToZ
Moderator
From: Canada
Registered: 2011-06-02
Posts: 7,860

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

shmu26 wrote:

Pango markup was what I needed. It wouldn't hurt to add the pango markup info into the help link in the clock properties.

It is there. In the "Label and Tooltip Markup" section.

Offline

#13 2021-04-23 12:21:10

shmu26
Member
Registered: 2021-04-22
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Please, where is Orage Panel Clock?

ToZ wrote:
shmu26 wrote:

Pango markup was what I needed. It wouldn't hurt to add the pango markup info into the help link in the clock properties.

It is there. In the "Label and Tooltip Markup" section.

Yes, it's there. My bad...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB