Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-21 18:09:59

sonycdr

How to stop resizing window when change font size of xfce-terminal?

Hi,

I have a little issue here, when I need change the font size of xfce-terminal (Ctrl + '+' or Ctrl + '-') the terminal's window auto resizing, and that behavior is very unexpected.

Anybody knows how to stop this feature?

Well, here the technical info:

Xfce Terminal: 0.8.7.4 (Xfce 4.12)

Last edited by sonycdr (2021-01-22 07:42:02)

#2 2021-01-24 23:05:56

sonycdr

Re: How to stop resizing window when change font size of xfce-terminal?

Hi, then a couple of days searching info about my doubt, I finally found a convincing explanation that I share with you, and it is a useful info for new users that have the same doubt and I think that this info can extend the documentation of xfce. In fact, when you change the font size of terminal with the 'Ctrl' key plus '+' or '-', the window of terminal auto resizing, but... why?

Xfce terminal shares some libraries with Gnome terminal (more info here), and that seems the reason of all. Gnome terminal has the same behavior, and it is by design (here a gnome developer explains that). The reason for that is for to preserve the proportion between content and the window size.

Some terminals have the same feature and others no. I trying two terminals that doesn't have that behavior: tilix and qterminal (lxqt), but I like the xfce terminal yet.

More info about this feature of xfce terminal, please share with us.

Well, that's all folks.

Last edited by sonycdr (2021-01-25 01:59:24)

Board footer