Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-30 20:50:59

dcbdbis

Thunar and two File Systems

Good Afternoon,

Xfce 4.16. x64, under MX Linux, Arch, and Artix. I am running Artix, my wife is running MX.

Thunar in "tree view" for the side pane, shows two "File System". This has been around for the last three revisions of Xfce in the above mentioned distro's, so it is not unique to 4.16. PCManFM, XFE, and Caja do not have this issue.

Operationally - Thunar works just fine. But for myself and my client, we all too often click the wrong "File System" when we need to do something out of the home dir.

One of the "File System's" is the real root file system. The other shows "loading" indefinitely. "gvfs" is installed.

This does not happen in "shortcut view".

Manjaro - doesn't have the issue, and in a VM, I sure can't find the setting or tweak to get rid of the errant extra (and empty) "File System".

Suggestions?

Dave

#2 2021-01-30 21:26:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar and two File Systems

We had a similar post a little while ago. Do you also have an NVMe drive? Perhaps there is a bug in thunar that is not correctly handling this scenario.

If so, a bug report would be the best way to go - have the developer have a look. Interestingly, this bug was reported recently (duplicate CD entries).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-01-30 21:41:02

dcbdbis

Thank you for the reply.

I do have several NVMe drives. One is my root partition, and the other two are storage drives where I house my client-side VM's, that Thunar is recognizing perfectly (I have permanent mount points for them in my fstab), along with three drives as a tertiary backup/manual rsync mirror/hybrid.

Of interest, if I "sudo thunar", the issue is not present when Thunar operates as root, nor if I actually sign in as root (very, very bad idea for day to day ops). I do have a tmpfs mount in my fstab as I do a lot of client-side development so I don't beat my SSD to death.....I commented it out and did a cold reboot. Issue remains.

Dave

#4 2021-01-30 21:44:06

dcbdbis

I looked at the other posts references. It is the same issue I am having....And apparently a bug report has already been filed....

Thank you for the assistance, and thank you for the links to the other posts that google search failed to find....

Dave

Board footer