Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-25 22:40:46

AZJIO

Maximize / restore window by right clicking on the title

The function described in the title is missing. Previously used Mint->Cinnamon.

#2 2021-02-25 23:15:26

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Maximize / restore window by right clicking on the title

Hello and welcome.

Could you provide some more information? Which window are you referring to? What do you see when you right-click? There should be a Maximize and Unmaximize option there.

More info here

Or are you missing the titlebar all together? If so, is xfwm4 running as a process? Or try running:

xfwm4 --replace

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-02-26 03:18:21

AZJIO

Re: Maximize / restore window by right clicking on the title

Cinnamon has a customizable mouse click behavior for the window title. For example, I have 4 windows on my desktop. I either copy or drop files into the editor. I do not have enough space in the small window and need to temporarily expand it to full screen. I click the "maximize full screen" button. The button is small, you need to aim at it. And with the mouse to do a long way to the button in the corner. In Cinnamon, just click anywhere on the title bar. Standard operation double click in any DE. But the finger hurts from such clicks. I can do it with hotkeys, but they are inconvenient and sometimes some of the operations are performed with the mouse, so it’s inconvenient to switch from mouse to keyboard, then back to mouse.

Board footer