Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-15 23:42:23

badrequests

Snap window to next monitor

Hello,

In KDE and Windows 10, I can use the key combo "super+right" and the window will snap to the monitor to the right.

I can't seem to figure out why I can't get that to happen in xfce's window manager. It just stays snapping within the original window.

I've tried googling around and i've found that people are suggesting to use some bash script called "move-to-next-monitor" ... but that was suggested years, can't imagine this is still required? Using the search tool on the forums here didn't reveal any results that hinted towards this.

..,;:ccc,.                             --------------                                                                                         
          ......''';lxO.                           OS: Kali GNU/Linux Rolling x86_64                                                                       
.....''''..........,:ld;                           Kernel: 5.10.0-kali3-amd64                                                                             
           .';;;:::;,,.x,                          Uptime: 1 hour, 36 mins                                                                                 
      ..'''.            0Xxoc:,.  ...              Packages: 5562 (dpkg), 14 (snap)                                                                       
  ....                ,ONkc;,;cokOdc',.            Shell: zsh 5.8                                                                                         
.                   OMo           ':ddo.          Resolution: 3840x2160, 3840x2160                                                                       
                    dMc               :OO;         DE: Xfce 4.16                                                                                           
                    0M.                 .:o.       WM: Xfwm4                                                                                               
                    ;Wd                            WM Theme: Kali-Dark-HiDPI                                                                               
                     ;XO,                          Theme: Kali-Dark [GTK2]                                                                                 
                       ,d0Odlc;,..                 Icons: Flat-Remix-Blue-Dark [GTK2/3]                                                                   
                           ..',;:cdOOd::,.         Terminal: qterminal                                                                                     
                                    .:d;.':;.      Terminal Font: Bitstream Vera Sans Mono 12                                                             
                                       'd,  .'     CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (24) @ 4.000GHz                                                                 
                                         ;l   ..   GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080                                                                           
                                          .o       Memory: 6911MiB / 64290MiB                                                                             
                                            c                                                                                                             
                                            .'                                                                                                             

Board footer