Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-04 09:02:14

hairyman1

Mouse pointer locked in the middle of screen

Hello all. I have a dell micro 3040 running PCLinuxOS XFCE 4.16 with kernel 5.11. one day everything was fine, then the next day once the system booted into XFCE the mouse pointer was frozen in the middle of the screen. I am using a logitech K400+ wireless keyboard/touchpad combo. I plugged in a wired mouse which worked fine. Then I logged out and logged into to my other desktops, KDE and Mate which also worked fine with the wireless keyboard. I don't have power manager turned on and the screen saver is disabled. I greatly prefer XFCE over the other desktops. At the PCLinuxOS forum it was suggested I present this question here.

#2 2021-05-04 17:03:16

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Mouse pointer locked in the middle of screen

Hello and welcome. Some clarification questions:

hairyman1 wrote:

Hello all. I have a dell micro 3040 running PCLinuxOS XFCE 4.16 with kernel 5.11. one day everything was fine, then the next day once the system booted into XFCE the mouse pointer was frozen in the middle of the screen. I am using a logitech K400+ wireless keyboard/touchpad combo. I plugged in a wired mouse which worked fine.

Would seem to indicate that the keyboard itself is low on battery power.
- Did the keyboard work?
- Did you look at the available settings in the Mouse and Touchpad section? Was the device enabled?
- Was there anything in your log files?

Then I logged out and logged into to my other desktops, KDE and Mate which also worked fine with the wireless keyboard.

Was this on the same device? Meaning you have Xfce, KDE and Mate installed on the 3040?

I don't have power manager turned on

What do you mean by this? xfce4-power-manager isn't running? Is there another power manager running?

I just ordered a K400 for my rapsberrry pi and it should be here in a couple of days. I can test it with my Xfce install.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-05-06 10:06:38

hairyman1

Thanks for the reply. Yes the keyboard works and the Logitech wireless keyboard and battery are new. In the settings the power manager is turned off and it's unchecked in the startup services as well as the screen saver. No other power manager should be running. The other desktops, KDE and Icewm are on the same machine and are PCLinuxOS as well. Just out of curiosity I created a new user and the mouse pointer works fine in the new user XFCE desktop. So maybe I screwed something up in the config files by selecting different cursor/theme combinations. (I get bored) I still have the old user account and would be curious to see what I did, but don't know where to look. Any suggestions?

#4 2021-05-06 10:38:42

ToZ
Administrator

Was the device enabled in Settings Manager > Mouse and Touchpad?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2021-05-07 10:34:39

hairyman1

Yes it's enabled in settings manager as Logitech USB Receiver Mouse.

#6 2021-05-07 11:56:48

ToZ
Administrator

Can you post back the following:

xinput
xinput list-props ID

...where ID is the property of the touchpad as identified in the first command. And:

xfconf-query -c pointers -lv

Board footer