Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-21 14:47:29

sleepy.panda

edit xfce-terminal shortcuts?

Hi,

I’m new to linux and just installed XFCE on Debian 10 (on virtualbox hosted on a MacBook Pro). I was wondering how to change the xfce-terminal shortcuts: Shift+Ctrl+W (close tab) and Shift+Ctrl+Q (close window) to Ctrl+W (close tab) and Ctrl+Q (close window)?

I’ve tried:
Looking in: Keyboard/Application Shortcuts; Setting Editor; Settings Manager/Window Manager/Keyboard but can’t seem to find the commands with shortcuts for close window and close tabs in xfce-terminal.

I also tried editing the ~/.config/xfce4/terminal/accels.scm (reference to https://docs.xfce.org/apps/terminal/4.12/start ) but this didn’t work either. I just used mousepad to edit it whilst terminal was closed and then reloaded terminal. I’ve also tried restarting but to no avail. Do I need to reload xfce somehow?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2021-07-21 23:55:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: edit xfce-terminal shortcuts?

Hello and welcome.

What changes did you make to accels.scm? Did you remove the leading ";" (semi-colon)?

Testing it now, I "pkill xfce4-terminal" and open the accels.scm file in mousepad. I change the "<Actions>/terminal-window/close-tab" action to a different shortcut and removed the leading semi-colon.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-07-22 10:15:24

sleepy.panda

Re: edit xfce-terminal shortcuts?

Remove the leading ";" (semi-colon) worked! tyvm smile

Board footer