Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-29 12:00:59

Dini

Disable the right-mouse button when the left mouse button is held?

Okay so, this issue affects a bunch of quality Xfce programs and non-xfce-programs, afaict.

When a user clicks the left-mouse button and holds it down then clicks the right-mouse-button, unpredictable things can occur.

It happens in Thunar.

Mousepad text editor has maybe the most unpredictable behavior with focus jumping to an entire other tab, among other things.

I'm sure that there are programs (especially games) in which the above mouse-click combinations are perfectly valid and so I'd never suggest any OS-wide solution, but maybe as part of the "state-machine" of any quality Xfce offering that is negatively affected, it may be worth disabling right click functions when the left mouse button is held?

What do fellow Xfce friends think?

#2 2021-07-30 01:00:25

Skaperen

Re: Disable the right-mouse button when the left mouse button is held?

have you tried doing that while holding down each of all 15 combinations of the shift, ctrl, super, and alt keys on the keyboard.  be sure to roll the mouse roller at the same time.  for even more fun, get a 3 button mouse and try that.  i think i read something a long time ago that a typically missing middle mouse button can be faked by pressing the 2 existing mouse buttons at the same time.  maybe that's what you were effectively doing.

my mouse is 3 button with the middle button integrated into the roller.  it does paste for me (with nothing else pressed).

Board footer